APPLICATION - PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES:
The AIB requires that all applicants for admission as either a Corporate Member (MAIB) or Fellow Member (FAIB) supply Two Professional References in support of their application. These should specifically set out and provide examples that:
- The applicant has a reputation for superior ethical standards and a high quality of work; and
- The applicant has held the positions described in their resume.
The references should be provided by an employer and / or work colleagues of the applicant who are fully conversant with the expertise of the applicant. All references must be signed and dated within 6 months prior to submitting an application for membership or an application to upgrade membership. Ideally references should be provided by (in order of preference):
1. A Member | Fellow of the Australian Institute of Building (AIB);
2. A Member | Fellow of either the New Zealand Institute of Building (NZIOB) or the UK Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB-UK);
3. A Member | Fellow of either the Australian Institute of Building Surveyors (AIBS) or the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AIQS); or
4. A Member | Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), Engineers Australia (IEAust), the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia (IAMA) or the the (Royal) Australian Institute of Architects (AIA).